Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Evaluation

Design Evaluation:
All in all I think our design outcome was very good even though there was a few hiccups along the way with coding and getting everything to work how we wanted it to. The designs I made for the game I am very pleased with how they turned out especially the the characters within the game which where all based around real life fish, crustaceans etc. As I drew over images of the real life characters and made them into more of a cartoony version. The only thing I think I could of done better was the scenery e.g. coral and water, I think I could of made the coral little more detailed which I did with some of it, but I wanted to change it up a bit with some other designs of coral because the same coral scenery all the way through would be as appealing to the eye as various different types so I drew a few from scratch to save time as the deadline was approaching but it didn't come out as well as planned as the ones I drew over and resized turned out a lot better than the ones made from scratch. Another flaw in my design which I didn't notice until I was done was on the title screens I had light blue gradient going down to a dark blue, which makes sense because the light is at the top of the water, but in the actual games scrolling background the colours were opposite they were dark blue to light. Apart from those two minor faults I think the design was well planned out and the final product was very good, especially the animation of the characters that I made for Dan to animate, they really go well with the game and look very natural in the animation. Although there was hiccups along the way with the coding Jordan was trying to implement on the design, but in the end everything pretty much turned out as planned from the design to coding and I'm very pleased with how the game went.

No comments:

Post a Comment